ACCESS TO ILLUSTRATION DEGREE
ACCESS AND ADMISSION
REGISTRATION FOR THE ACCESS TESTS
Can I enroll in EASD Antonio Faílde if I do not have Selectivity?
yes For access to Higher Design Studies, it is not necessary to have taken or passed the Selectivity tests, since access to these Courses is carried out through a specific access test.
If I have not yet passed the baccalaureate but I will pass the extraordinary call, can I access to study a Higher Cycle next year?
Yes. When applying for registration, you will check the option: "Pending the Baccalaureate Degree". Once passed, you must provide the documentation to the School Secretary before taking the tests. Recommendation: in case you are not sure of passing, you can also take the maturity tests.
If I do not have a high school diploma, nor will I have one, can I access to study the Upper Cycle next year?
Yes. If you are over 19 or over this year, you must register (within the time limit set when the call is published) to take the maturity tests.
If I have already passed the maturity test in previous courses, do I have to take it again?
No. The certificate of having passed the maturity test is valid forever; you will need to submit a certified photocopy at the time of registration. If you bring the photocopy and the original to the Secretariat, the photocopies will be checked for delivery.
If I have passed the entrance test in previous calls, do I have to repeat the test this course?
Yes, the tests are only valid for the call of the course in which they are called. Even if you have passed the test from other years, you have to sign up again and repeat it.
Where do I register for the entrance exams?
Registration will be done electronically or at the Secretary of the School chosen in the first or only option. If you want to study Photography, Illustration or Artistic Cabinetmaking, you will have to submit the application for registration in the Secretariat or in the e-mail of the EASD Antonio Faílde in the established term when the call of access is published.
Can I register online?
Yes, through the CodexPro application whose link will be provided on the School's website. The application will be delivered to the EASD Secretariat Antonio Faílde, together with the appropriate documentation or will be sent to the school's e-mail.
What documentation must be submitted when registering?
• Photocopy of ID, NIE or passport
• Certified photocopy of the corresponding supporting documentation (for example: Baccalaureate degree, or academic certification stating the deposit of the degree; title of senior technician in fine arts and design and academic certification ..). If you bring the photocopy and the original to the Secretariat, check the photocopies for delivery.
• Certificate of university entrance test for those over 25 years of age.
• Certificate of having passed the maturity test for those over 19 years of age in a previous call.
What degree is required to be eligible for direct access to a Higher Cycle?
You can have direct access with the following titles:
• Bachelor of Arts degree or experimental artistic baccalaureate
• Title of Higher Technician of Plastic Arts and Design of a professional family related to the cycle to which it is tried to accede, like for example the titles of Higher Technician of Plastic Arts and Design in Photography, Illustration and Artistic Cabinetwork that are distributed in the School.
• Higher degree in fine arts, design or conservation and restoration of cultural assets.
• Degree in architecture, degree in Fine Arts or degree in industrial technical engineering.
• Work experience of at least 1 year.
If I apply for direct access, does that mean I already get a place?
No. Only 50% of the places are offered for those who opt for direct access. In the Higher Cycles of Illustration, Photography and Artistic Joinery, 30 new places are offered in each one. In the event that there are more applications than places, the award criteria will be based on the degree claimed and the final grade of the academic transcript.
If I haven’t decided on the specialty, can I take the tests and then choose?
No, the specific entrance tests are different depending on the professional family you want to study.
PERFORMANCE OF THE ACCESS TESTS
When can I register to take the entrance exams?
There is no fixed date. Each year the call is published in which the instructions for the access and admission of the students to the EEAAPP of Design for the following course are collected. In this call, a calendar will be drawn up with the deadline for registration and the publication dates of admitted applicants.
When are access tests done?
In the call for access, the date of the tests, communication of qualifications and complaints are already indicated. As an approximate date, they are usually towards the end of June or the beginning of July.
Where are the access tests going to be?
The place of realization is published in the call, although generally, they are usually in the EASD Mestre Mateo in Santiago.
Is there a syllabus or bibliography to prepare for the tests?
No, but you can download the test models from previous courses at the following links:
Download Models of substitute tests for the Baccalaureate 2020 degree (Maturity tests. Baccalaureate)
Download EEAAPP 2020 Access Exam Model: Specific Test